We are so glad to pilot this elementary camp program! Our themes this summer will be Farm to Table & Children’s Literature. We will read books & do activities based on these themes every week. Your child will be learning about different products that come from farms including the variety of animals and what they provide and how everything makes it way to our grocery store and dining room table. We will also be studying children’s literature and get to understand authors and illustrators as we study the professionals and the different ways they approach stories and illustrations.
Throughout the day, your child will be doing activities that are not only fun, but learning activities as well. We will be reading, doing calendar & playing math games, cooking, doing science experiments, art projects, writing, and physical activity. We have some great field trips and summer experiences planned as well. We are so excited to spend the summer with your child and have some summer fun!
What does your child need for summer camp?
- Please send your child in tennis shoes & socks everyday. We will have physical education and outside free play everyday. The proper shoes will enable your child to participate safely & fully.
- Please apply sunscreen to your child before they arrive at school.
- Please send a blanket for rest & read time. Your child may bring a blanket and travel size pillow for a rest & read time. Please leave all toys and stuffed animals at home.
- Please send sunscreen and the sunscreen form. We cannot apply sunscreen without your written permission.
- Please your child with a complete change of clothes to keep in their cubby for any emergency. This should be separate from your Friday Splash Day Bag.
- Prepare your Splash Day bag for Friday. For Friday Splash Days your child will need to arrive in their swimsuit and shoes that can get wet. In their bag they will need a towel and a full change of clothes, including shoes and socks.
We will be emailing newsletters to inform you of upcoming field trips, activities, and a review of the week before. Please make sure your email is update to date so you will receive all the info you need.
We are both new teachers to Centre at Conway but come with experience and excitement! Read below to learn about us!
Brandy has a wide variety of teaching experiences that she is happy to bring to Centre at Conway. She has her Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education from the University of Missouri – St. Louis. She also has achieved her Montessori Certification through Hope Montessori Educational Institute. She has 10 years of teaching experiences with children birth – 2nd grade.
Brandy also has a 2019 graduate from Centre at Conway, Lincoln. He has been in Montessori schooling since she began with him as an infant in her own in-home daycare and continued through Hope Montessori and Centre at Conway.
Aladin Jasarevic is a certified K-12 Physical Education teacher. He has been teaching Physical Education for six years at Gateway Science Academy-the Smiley location. It is an elementary school inside the urban area where he teaches K-2nd grade.
He also coaches varsity girls volleyball and varsity girls soccer at the high school level. He is a big fan of sports, especially soccer, which he also plays recreationally. In his spare time, he loves staying active, but he also loves to eat! He is very family oriented and loves to spend a lot of time with his family.
He is very excited to join the Summer Camp at Conway and to explore the Early Childhood environment.