Montessori Preschool in St. Louis
Children need safe areas to explore, play, and learn as they grow. Every child is different, and having the right environment to develop at their own pace is important. North American Montessori provides individualized, educational child care to children ages 3-6. We recognize the spontaneous interest that arises within each child at this age. Our Montessori Preschool Classrooms are designed to meet the needs of each student while providing them with a safe and supportive environment to discover the world around them.
A Preschool Experience Your Child Will Enjoy
When your child is in a Montessori environment, they will be under the nurturing care of teachers who are rigorously trained in child development. Our teachers observe and record each child’s individual progress and know when to allow a child to work with genuine interest or when to introduce a new challenge. The love of learning arises through your child’s interest and active engagement in our Montessori preschool in St. Louis. Every preschool room is staffed with two teachers to provide the guidance and attention that children in the pre-kindergarten stage of development need to learn and thrive.
The Montessori Preschool St. Louis Curriculum
The exercises your pre-kindergartener will engage in promote independence, order, coordination, and concentration. Our pre-K curriculum also focuses on supporting social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. Children are allowed to progress at their own pace within our early childhood education programs. Our teachers work with students to meet milestones appropriate for their age, and we use developmentally-appropriate materials to enhance the learning experience.
- Practical Life exercises to help refine motor skills and develop grace and courtesy
- Sensorial exercises to heighten and refine the five senses
- Mathematics, including number sequence, addition, subtraction, and higher operations
- Language activities and exercises to develop skills in reading, writing, and vocabulary-building
- Cultural activities that expose children to basics in geography, history, life sciences, and earth sciences
- Interacting with other children and learning from each other
- Refining listening and observing skills
- Strengthening memory and focused attention skills
- Learning how to fully express their needs, wants, and interests
- Engaging in music and songs
- Circle time
- Age-specific arts and crafts
A Classroom Environment of Trust
Safety is always at the forefront of our child care, and our rooms are equipped with developmentally-appropriate toys, furniture, and materials. We provide a classroom atmosphere with enough space for personal, small-group, and whole-class learning activities.
Our rooms are specially designed to support your pre-kindergartener’s budding independence. Children are encouraged to care for their personal needs and take care of their classroom environment. They are given freedom of movement and choice over their activities in the classroom and are supported to “do it for themselves.”
The mixed age group between 3 and 6 encourages social interaction and allows our St. Louis Montessori preschool community to grow. The older children experience the joy of helping the younger ones, refining their own skills, and paving the way for the younger ones to learn and grow.
Our Montessori Preschool Centers in St. Louis
Let us help enhance your child’s natural passion for wonder and exploration — learn more about our three schools below: