Montessori Infant Daycare in St. Louis
With children’s natural curiosity and desire to learn at the heart of what we do, North American Montessori recognizes the importance of the formative infant stage. Beginning your child’s education early is important for proper development. Our Montessori Infant Rooms help create a peaceful, supportive, and safe environment for infants as young as six weeks old to explore the world around them.
Inside Our Montessori Infant Child Care Program
Infants are the youngest, most dependent children under our care, and this stage is such a critical time for learning and growth. Our goal is to provide your child with the guidance and environment they need to help them thrive. As part of our Montessori infant daycare in St Louis, your baby will always be with nurturing teachers rigorously trained in infant development.
We encourage frequent, positive, warm interactions between adults and children in our classroom environments. Infants engage in quiet playtime and naps with feedings and changings as needed.
Daycare for All Your Infant’s Needs
Our infant rooms are designed to promote independence, coordination, and concentration. They also support your baby’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. We work with your child to ensure critical infant milestones are achieved. At this age, we want every experience to be fun and engaging, preparing them for successful learning experiences as they grow. We focus on supporting social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. Our teachers work with infants to meet milestones appropriate for their age, and we use developmentally-appropriate toys to enhance the learning experience.
- Making early attempts at speaking
- Learning to understand a variety of words by listening, observing, and engaging
- Using sounds and gestures to express needs, wants, and interests
- Listening to books read aloud
- Working on early memory skills
- Focusing attention for short periods of time
- Forming an attachment to familiar adults
- Beginning to interact with other children
- Working on physical milestones like rolling over and crawling
- Coordinating hand movements to begin reaching for and grasping objects
- Beginning to explore bright, contrasting colors
- Exploring a variety of textures like wet and sticky
- Listening to music and experimenting with toy instruments
An Environment of Safety and Security
Safety is always at the forefront of our Montessori Infant Daycare Centers, and our rooms are equipped with developmentally appropriate toys, furniture, and materials. Our rooms are specially designed to foster a peaceful atmosphere for your infant, and the space is organized, clean, and uncluttered.